Friday 17 May 2013

Michael Staisil’s Professional and Charitable Accomplishments



Michael Staisil is a notable New Yorker who has achieved success as an entrepreneur and is also well known for his contributions as a volunteer and philanthropist. Michael Staisil attended Harvard Business School, where he learned the skills that made him a successful entrepreneur. Now, he skillfully handles the challenges, surprises, and strategy of turning a new business opportunity into a successful, self-sustaining operation. Michael Staisil loves the fast pace of entrepreneurship, and the camaraderie he experiences with other entrepreneurs.
When he is not busy at work,Michael Staisil is committed to helping others through volunteer work and philanthropy. He says, “I love taking part in activities that give back to the community, either personally or with my colleagues. Community service is an important part of who I am; it has taught me so much, helped me make some great connections, and, most importantly, allowed me to contribute to the communities that we all live in.” Michael Staisil is currently assisting Harvard Business School with strategy and implementation of its philanthropic and charitable work.
Recently, Michael Staisil contributed to Hurricane Sandy relief efforts to help people who lost their homes in the storm. He led a team of volunteers from Goldman Sachs and Team Rubicon to assist families in the Far Rockaways, one of the areas of New York that Sandy hit the hardest. Says Michael Staisil, “I felt very lucky that my family and I were safe during the storm and that we didn’t have any damage. I know most people weren’t as lucky, and it meant a lot to me that I could help out. I was really happy to see that so many others from Goldman Sachs and other organizations joined the relief effort as well. I’d encourage all New Yorkers to lend a hand wherever they can.”

No comments:

Post a Comment